Monday 14 May 2012

Preview Perfection: The Gosling Effect

After brushing my teeth, my favourite thing to do before bed is put on my Front Row and peruse previews. Here are a couple of films I can't wait to see:

1) Gangster Squad - October 2012 (Warner Bros.)

If you haven't seen this, prepare to be blown away. Literally. The cast is ridiculous: Penn, Brolin, Stone, Nolte and yes ladies, GOSLING. Nuff said. 


2) The Sound of my Voice - Selected theatres now (Skyscraper Films)

I'm still in awe of Brit Marling's haunting performance in Another Earth, and hoping to get out this week to see her in this sci-fi flick (Marling also doubles as a writer). 


3) Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap - June 15 

Ice-T takes us on an intimate journey through the birth and evolution of hip hop. Hearing from influential artists such as Afrika Bambaataa, Big Daddy Kane, Bun B, KRS-One, Common, Kanye West and Eminem. 


4) Rise of the Guardian - November 2012 (Dreamworks)

Tooth Fairy + Easter Bunny + Sandman + Santa = the Dream Team. What more can I say? Except, why didn't anyone think of this sooner!

5) Ruby Sparks - July 2012 (Fox)

Paul Dano stars as a struggling novelist who wills the love of his life into existence. This makes my heart swell. I love love. 



Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment